Sunday, June 19, 2011

Come on baby!

Well despite the fact that I was 1 centimeter 3 weeks before my due date, that was as far as I was going to progress on my own.   

Friday, May 27 a day after my due date we went into the dr.  They wanted to check to make sure that I was not losing amniotic fluid and that the baby was not in stress.  Both checked out great, so the waiting continued.  I spent the weekend doing everything I could to get labor going; several spicy foods, dancing, walking, sitting on the exercise ball, etc.  Needless to say, nothing worked.  One side note from the ultrasound was that based on calculations they predicted Kennadie to be 9lbs 12oz.  Holy crow that would be a big baby if they were right.     

Tuesday we had another drs appointment.  At this point my blood pressure was going up and I was gaining fluid. My feet were impressively HUGE.  In addition, I had made little to no progress over the weekend on my own, so he felt it best to set up an induction for the next day.  Not knowing how my body would react to the pitocin I was nervous, but extremely excited that with in a few days I would finally have a little one to hold.   

Wednesday came and it was time to head off to the hospital.  

No comments: